Our team at Fission has extensive experience with DTP or multilingual desktop publishing. Our DTP group processes thousands of pages of multilingual documents every year, in over 150 languages. Here our goal is to create online or print ready localized materials that accurately reflect the original. At the same time, we enhance these materials so that they conform to the linguistic and typographic standards of each target country.
DTP & Multilingual Desktop Publishing
While typically one of the last phases of a translation project, the quality of desktop publishing can affect the entire tone, look and feel of any set of localized materials. The translation could be superb, but an error in layout or typography can weaken the potential to influence the end-user. The stakes are even higher when it comes to more prominent materials such as those used for marketing, advertising or packaging. In certain situations, multilingual DTP can have a direct impact on a product’s approval and usage in regulatory situations.
Comprehensive Multilingual DTP Services
Fission is the industry leader in delivering the most comprehensive multilingual desktop publishing services available. These services include:
- Layout and formatting of localized materials so as to match every detail of the original. This is essential for compliance with standards in the target language
- Generating PostScript and PDFG files for print and online publication
- Quality assurance checks in DTP
- Maintenance and Creation of particular target language DTP, optimized for typographical guidelines
- Template and document design creation for producing online or printed PDF outputs
- Content extraction for translation from all DTP applications and formats
- Content extraction for translation in situations where the original editable source material is not available
- Implementation and design of single sourcing solutions
- Migration of authoring to structured XML-centric processes based on standards such as DocBook or DITA
Single source, Multiple Target Files
DTP must always be managed with an emphasis on efficiency. DTP is a lengthy process, and to a great extent still a manual one. It is important to make sure that DTP doesn’t affect the timeline of a project, especially in cases where the sim-ship of localized products is desired.
For this reason, most of the work involved in streamlining the DTP process is centered on the act of single sourcing—creating one localized source to be used in a wide range of documents and formats, both in print and online. This is essential for reducing localization costs and guaranteeing consistency. It also increases the speed at which the product is brought to market. In essence, this approach can dramatically limit the need for traditional desktop publishing and DTP check and formatting, which increases DTP cost-effectiveness.
Our experience and insistence on only the best practices is essential for maximizing the many single source options available on the market today.
We are highly experienced in assisting clients looking to migrate their authoring processes to XML-based standards, as well as those interested in switching to a Docbook or DITA as their preferred method. Our localization practices also utilize localization-specific XML-based standards such as XLIFF and TMX.
Any tool, any Platform
At LingPerfect, we can work with all DTP and graphics applications available for both Windows and Macintosh platforms. Such applications include:
- Adobe® FrameMaker®
- Adobe® Photoshop®
- Adobe® Illustrator®
- Adobe® InDesign®
- Adobe® Acrobat®
- Enfocus PitStop
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Discontinued products like Adobe PageMaker or Macromedia FreeHandOur DTP
resources are stationed in three of the world’s largest commercial regions:
Europe, Asia and the Americas. Therefore, we are able to guarantee 24/7 DTP
production, and a quick turnaround of DTP requests from any time zone,
anywhere in the world. Our global DTP presence also allows us to arrange for
DTP specialists to be sent anywhere, who are able to manage the requirements
of any platform no matter the language.
Our multilingual DTP service is available in every language, including all of the European languages, the double-byte languages of Asia as well as Hebrew and Arabic (also known as “bi-directional “languages).
Our specialists in DTP are keenly aware of the many location-specific nuances of each language, as well as the many country- and context-specific rules and standards for DTP. As a result, we are able achieve superior DTP results in all languages. An illustration of the challenges posed by national DTP regulations is the case of the Japanese market; there, the general “international” standard of localized content quality is considered inadequate. In a place like Japan, the focus needs to be more on design, graphics and images as opposed to lengthy and highly descriptive text. For such cases, we recommend that our clients aim for early DTP approval.
Our DTP specialists work regularly with even the most complicated scripts for desktop publishing software, including those without support for non-Western languages.
Oftentimes source content is developed with a specific DTP application without concern for the limitations of languages that fall outside of the usual script. In these cases, we must make do with tools that do not support Eastern European, Asian or bi-directional languages. This has led us to develop innovative solutions able to handle even the most inconvenient technical difficulties.
Fission has created unique protocols for managing almost any language script in any application. To learn more about our solutions in the multilingual desktop publishing arena and how we can assist your company in the production of superior localized versions of your materials, please complete the Request for Information form. We will respond to your request immediately.
We provide an end-to-end solution for the entire production flow, from design
execution to release for print for both traditional and digital print. Our
professionals create and manage a wide array of applications using
industry-standard software applications InDesign Suite.
Fission has extensive experience with data conversion projects from both
paper-based media and electronic files. Terabytes of legacy content has been
converted by scanning or keying processes to generate PDF pages, XML files, or
client-specified word processor, spreadsheet, database and image formats.
Designing layouts requires equal amount of innovation and sensibility, which
helps to devise the perfect method to make a page look attractive as well as
meaningful. Our experienced designers have created and worked with leading names
in the publishing industry to create layouts tailored to their specifications.
Their trust in our quality and commitment has allowed us the freedom to improve
and customize their layouts by offering our creative input and improvising
unique solutions and designs.
Fission Services provides composition services for both print and electronic
media, which includes the following:
- Typesetting from manuscript or client-supplied files.
- Data capture and conversion services.
- Editing services, including technical editing, copyediting, and language
- Design and graphics services, including scanning, file conversion,
redrawing and relabelling of artwork.
We have considerable experience with industry-standard composition tools,
such as Advent 3B2, LaTeX, Quark Xpress, Adobe InDesign and FrameMaker, and with
MathType and ChemDraw files.
We provide multi-skilled and multi-platform resources, enabling us to produce
the best output in the publishing of books relating to various subjects.
- Books – Educational; History; Cookery; Scientific; Technical and
- Journals – Scientific, Technical and Medical; Mathematical
We are well equipped, with various kinds of typesetting and page design
services, and we are very well capable to work in most languages, such as
English, French, German, Spanish or Portuguese. One of our specialties is the
setting of both English as well as non-English text on the same page, taking
care of the typographic nuances of both languages..
Graphic design of manuals, books, forms, brochures. Stationery collateral
such as brochures, line cards, business cards, letterheads, envelopes.
Promotional materials such as banners, labels, stickers, magnetic signs, pens,
calendars, posters, pop-up current graphic design trends and concepts. Keeping
your design, branding and overall marketing up to speed with what your
clients/customers expect to see is phenomenally important. Design concept and
philosophy are constantly changing to meet the needs of our constantly changing
society. Don’t let your business fall behind, let Creative 7 Designs, Inc handle
all of your graphic design needs.
The visual impact of professional quality graphic design in every marketing
resource is important to the success of any person, business or organization.
And advertisements must be something that makes you stand out among your
competition! With that in mind we strive to incorporate your vision of design
with our creativity. This is to insure that the proper branding process allows
your name to have a lasting impression on the web, in print, and in other places
where you might employ your graphics.
We provide comprehensive data processing services at cost-effective rates.
Our skilled Data Entry operators key in raw data of any form to present it in
visual, tabular or textual format in form of useful information. Our domain
expertise in managing data extraction, data capture, and Data Entry projects
with guaranteed accuracy and fast turnaround time, meets all your business
So now go ahead and obtain new customers, generate revenue, enhance your
current customer communications, and enrich brand equity, by partnering with us
and taking advantage of our thorough experience in data management.
Surveys, Document archiving, Property documentations, Orders, Invoices entry,
& many more…name it and we will provide accurate services across time zones.
We offer hard copies, PDF, image to text, data migration / mapping, HTML, XML
conversion/validation & much more…quick, accurate & offered at competitive
Forms & Check Processing
Customized and at affordable rates with speedy delivery and high quality,
irrespective of complexity and project size.
Data Formatting and Cleansing
Comprehensive solutions that encompass de-duping, data filtering, grouping,
formatting & validation for effective data representation, management &
Our experienced editors, researchers and proofreaders have requisite
knowledge of imaging and scanning technology, and document management standards
that conform to global standards. Our technically sound staff and specialized
data processing teams, use customized software for converting data from any kind
We specialise in converting print ready files or application source file into
the eBook format of your choice or any file into ePub, ePDF, and Mobi formats,
suitable for the Apple iPad and iPhone, the Kindle and Kindle Fire, the Sony
Reader, the Barnes & Noble Nook, and many other readers.
- Fixed format ePUB and KF8
- Enhanced eBooks
- ePub 3.0 formatting
- iPad, Smart Phone, eReaders, Tablets
eBook Conversion for Multiple Devices
Our services offer cost-effective conversion of content from electronic and
paper sources to any format.
- Any eReader devices
- Smart phones and tablets
- ePub 3.0 formatting
- iPad, iPhone, Amazon Kindle Fire and Noble Nook
We provide a full range of Translation Services into most Indian, Asian, European and African languages. Whether your language translation needs are large or small, Fission is always there to assist you with your document translation requests. Many of the types of documents we translate in over 100 languages on a daily basis include:
- User Manuals
- Operation Manuals
- Brochures and Catalogs
- Training and Business documents
- Legal/Medical/Healthcare/Financial documents
- Content translation
We use only professional human translators for all document translations. All of our translators only translate into their native languages to ensure the highest translation quality possible.
We work to adapt the source documents to target audience/markets paying special attention to local cultures and religions.
We work in all Indian and International language combinations.
Achieving, and maintaining compliance with document accessibility standards is challenging. That’s why companies rely on Fission to achieve their PDF testing, and remediation goals. We’ll identify where you’re at risk of non-compliance, and address any document issues – in budget and on-time. Trust the Fission team, methodology, and training, to help you achieve Section 508, WCAG 2.0, PDF/UA, or HHS compliance.
Why Choose Fission?
Our highly skilled and experienced accessibility experts handle all aspects of document compliance and remediation.
How to choose the right accessibility remediation service?
- The company should have specialized expertise to tackle complex accessibility projects involving PDF forms, data and more
- Have rapid turn-around on project quotation and processing times
- Can achieve the highest standards of accuracy and quality
- A proven approach to saving time and money on document accessibility remediation projects
Verification and Remediation Service
- Scan, identify, and fix accessibility issues in document holdings
- Review and correct the logical structure of the file
- Check and correct tables, including tagging/redesigning complex tables
- Review, and create alternative text if necessary
- Fix Content Order view to enhance use on mobile devices
- Review, verify and fix script functionality
- Review form elements and address accessibility issues
- Test each document with one or more tags-aware assistive technologies
- Ensure the document passes Adobe’s Acrobat Accessibility Checker
- Provide a Section 508, or a WCAG 2.0 AA conformance certificate for each document
Facts about the Fission
- A team of seasoned experts
- Developers possess an average of 3+ years of experience
- Three out of four customers choose Fission for long-term projects
- End-to-end software development services for both IT and non-IT ventures and entrepreneurs
- Product Development
- Customized Software Development
- Application Refactoring
- Application Migration
- Web Application Development
- CRM Development
- Mobile Application Development
- Website Design and Development
What We Offer
- Cost-effective solutions
- Project management methodologies that ensure on-time deliverables
- High-quality services
- Total customer satisfaction
- Perseverance and transparency
- Highly skilled technical specialists
- Extensive experience working with offshore and domestic clients
- Foresight to evaluate new technologies from a practical perspective
- Adding value during the application development process
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and leverage them for the benefit of our customers
- Cost-effective solutions